We thought this pie was best served warm....like a warm cookie out of the oven. It's rich, so have a scoop of vanilla ice cream ready or a tall glass of milk.
Recipe from: Mel's Kitchen Cafe
2 large eggs
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup (2.5 ounces) all-purpose flour
1/2 cup (3.75 ounces) granulated sugar
1/2 cup (3.75 ounces) brown sugar
3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks, 12 tablespoons) butter, softened
1 to 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Place the unbaked pie crust in the deep dish pie plate, trim and crimp the edges. Place in the freezer while the filling is made.
- For the filling, in a stand mixer fitted with the paddle or whisk attachment or with a handheld electric mixer, beat the eggs until foamy and lightened in color (pale yellow).
- Add the vanilla, salt, flour, granulated sugar, and brown sugar. Mix until well-combined.
- Add the softened butter and mix until combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and nuts (if using) with a spoon or spatula. The mixture will be fairly thick.
- Spread the batter evenly in the prepared pie crust.
- Bake for 45-60 minutes until the top is golden in color evenly across the top and a knife inserted halfway between the edges and the center comes out clean. It's ok for the pie to still be slightly gooey in the center.
- Remove from the oven and let the pie cool on a wire rack. Serve warm.