Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup

I remember as a teenager and early college years, eating creamy chicken noodle soup...canned from Campbells.  I loved the creamy goodness of the soup and it was perfect on a cold day...fast forward a few years and I'm no longer buying it in a small can, but making it with fresh veggies and chicken that I cooked up.  I did cheat and use a couple of cans of cream of chicken this go round, but I expect to make the cream of chicken sauce from scratch in the future and update the recipe then. 
*John does not like chicken noodle soup, but he does like Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup, giving it an "8".


Recipe from : Dinner's Ready

2 chicken breasts
5 cups chicken broth
1 C chopped carrots
1 C chopped celery
1 C potatoes, diced
½ C chopped onion
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1/4 cup milk
8-12 oz uncooked egg noodles (homestyle)
Salt and pepper to taste

Boil then dice chicken. Heat broth, then add carrots, celery, potatoes, onions, and noodles. Simmer until veggies and noodles are tender. Add cream of chicken soup, milk, salt, pepper and shredded chicken. Simmer until heated through and ready to serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment