Monday, April 15, 2013

Nutella Banana Swirl Muffins


Once upon a time I was the only one in my house that ate nutella.  I loved it on my waffles with some fresh strawberries and some whipping cream.  I enjoyed it that way for a long time before my family decided they would give nutella a try.  Now they want it everytime we have waffles.  My boys like theirs with bananas and whipping cream with the nutella, so I thought these nutella, banana muffins were a perfect recipe to try for them.  They LOVED them!  If you like banana bread, give these a try! 

**I got 20 regular sized muffins with this recipe.


Recipe from: The Novice Chef

2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 medium over-ripe bananas, mashed
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 large egg
1/4 cup vegetable oil
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
nutella

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350°F. Line muffin pan with liners.
In a medium bowl, whisk flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt until well combined. Set aside.
In large bowl, whisk together banana, sugar, brown sugar. Beat in egg, vegetable oil and vanilla extract. Slowly whisk in the flour mixture, until there are no lumps.
Fill muffin tins 3/4 full. Top each muffin with about 1 teaspoon of Nutella and use a toothpick to swirl it into the batter.
Bake muffins for 15-17 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment