Monday, October 22, 2012

Baked Potato Soup

This is one of my favorite, easy soups to make.  I just throw some extra potatoes in the oven when I do baked potatoes for dinner so I can make this soup.  Normally I would have bacon on top, but I was out.  It still tastes great without, though.

Recipe from:  NP Ward Cookbook

6 Tbsp butter
6 Tbsp flour
3 cups milk
2 crushed chicken bouillon cubes
3/4 tsp salt
3/4 tsp pepper
3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
4 oz sour cream
1-2 green onions
3-4 large baked potatoes, cubed (I like to remove skins)

Melt butter in a pot and then stir in flour.  Add milk.  Nest add chicken bouillon cubes, salt and pepper.  Bring to a boil.  Add chopped onions, cheddar cheese, and cubed potatoes.  When potatoes are heated through, turn off heat and stir in sour cream.

Garnish with shredded cheese, green onion, and cooked bacon pieces. 

No comments:

Post a Comment