Thursday, March 8, 2012

Crunchy Chicken Fingers

This is a recipe I used to make all the time after I got married. For some reason I haven't made it in years...but I stumbled upon the recipe a few days ago and put it back in rotation. 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts or tenders
1 tsp cajun-seasoned salt (or sub Mrs. Dash, it's good too!)
1 cup corn flake crumbs
1/4 cup flour
1/2 cup oil (I use less)

Heat oven to 400. (You can line your pan with foil for easy clean up...I just use my stoneware)

Trim chicken and cut into 1 1/2 slices (tenders are usually small so don't cut them up)

Combine corn flake crumbs, cajun seasoning and four in a bowl. Place oil in another shallow bowl.

Dip chicken pieces in oil then roll them in the corn flake mixture. Arrange on pan.

Bake 400 for 20 minutes or until chicken is done. You can turn them after the first 10 minutes of baking if desired.

Serve immediately.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds yummy. I'm a big fan of cajun seasoning and I'm sure these will be great!

    ReplyDelete