Friday, December 30, 2011
2 green onions (I have used onion pwd. instead)
1/8 tsp. dry mustard
1/2 tsp. bon appetit (or a little more)
Mix all together and roll in crushed nuts or eat as a cracker spread.
Monday, December 26, 2011
1 cup very warm milk
5 Tbsp. butter, softened
1/4 cup very warm water
1 Tbsp. yeast
1 tsp. salt
1/4 cup sugar
4 cups flour
1 grated orange rind
1/2 cup soft butter
1/2 cup sugar
Glaze: Blend in VitaMix: (or use pwd sugar mixed with orange juice)
1 cup sugar
1 Tbsp. corn starch
juice of one orange
Make dough. Let rise 1 hour. Divide dough in half and roll each half into a large circle. Spread half the filling on the first circle. Cut dough into 12 triangles. Roll up each triangle and place an a greased baking sheet. Repeat making the other 12 rolls. Let rolls rise until doubled in size. Bake 350 for 15 minutes. Let cool a few minutes and top with glaze.
Enjoy warm :)
Saturday, December 24, 2011
Recipe from: Two Peas and Their Pod
1/4 cup butter, at room temperature
1/4 cup canola oil
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup light brown sugar
2 large eggs
2 2/3 cups all-Purpose Flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/4 teaspoons ground nutmeg
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup eggnog
For the Glaze:
1 tablespoons butter, melted
3/4 cups confectioners’ sugar, sifted
1/4 cup eggnog
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease mini muffin pans (for 36 muffins). Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, using a mixer, cream together the butter, canola oil, and sugars till smooth. Add the eggs, beating to combine.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg, salt, and vanilla.
4. Add the dry ingredients into the butter mixture alternately with the eggnog, beginning and ending with the flour and making sure everything is thoroughly combined.
5. Spoon the batter evenly into the prepared pans, filling the cups nearly full. (I used my purple scoop and put one full scoop in each muffin cup) Bake the muffins for 10-12 minutes, or until they're a pale golden brown and a cake tester inserted into the middle of one of the center muffins comes out clean. Remove muffins from the oven, and let them cool for a couple of minutes.
6. To make the glaze, combine butter, sugar, eggnog, vanilla, cinnamon, and nutmeg in
a large bowl VitaMix. Mix until smooth. Dip the tops of each muffin into the glaze and let cool on a wire cooling rack until glaze sets up.
Friday, December 23, 2011
Tuesday, December 20, 2011
1 pkg mint oreo cookies
1 pkg. cream cheese (8 oz), softened
Crush oreos and mix with cream cheese. Using a cookie scoop, make your truffles.
Melt your dipping chocolate and add some peppermint extract. You can go for a mild flavor or stronger....Start with a small amount, stir it in and see how strong you want the peppermint flavor. Then dip your truffles.
Monday, December 12, 2011
Thursday, December 8, 2011
Sunday, December 4, 2011
1 bag frozen Rhode's Rolls (36 count)
1 cup brown sugar
1 small pkg. butterscotch pudding, cooking kind, NOT instant
1/2 cup butter, melted
1/4 cup half and half (I used milk and it worked too)
Combine and mix the brown sugar, pudding mix, melted butter and half and half. Layer half of the frozen rolls in a bunt pan and drizzle with half the sauce. Add the rest of the dough and drizzle the remaining sauce over the top. Cover and let rise in fridge overnight.
Bake uncovered at 325 for 50 minutes. While still warm, turn over bunt pan onto a platter or cookie sheet.