Sunday, December 4, 2011

Mom's Caramel Breakfast Rolls

This takes a little planning ahead, but is super easy to make and tastes great! (Thanks for sharing the your recipe, mom!)
1 bag frozen Rhode's Rolls (36 count)
1 cup brown sugar
1 small pkg. butterscotch pudding, cooking kind, NOT instant
1/2 cup butter, melted
1/4 cup half and half (I used milk and it worked too)

Combine and mix the brown sugar, pudding mix, melted butter and half and half. Layer half of the frozen rolls in a bunt pan and drizzle with half the sauce. Add the rest of the dough and drizzle the remaining sauce over the top. Cover and let rise in fridge overnight.

Bake uncovered at 325 for 50 minutes. While still warm, turn over bunt pan onto a platter or cookie sheet.

2 comments:

  1. Yummy looks great. Have one question have you noticed a diffrance if you use instant pudding? I have seen this recipe a few times and half of them use the cook and serve pudding mix and the others use instant. I was just wondering if it really matters what one you use?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm...that is a good question. So from what I understand about he difference in instant and the cooking kind, is that the instant is a gelatin thickener and the cooking is more of a corn starch thickener. The cooking kind is supposed to taste creamier and be the superior flavor. I don't know how much difference it would make...I've only used the cooking kind in this recipe. If I only had instant on hand, I'd probably try it. If you try it out, you'll have to let me know if you notice a difference.

    ReplyDelete