Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Super Sloppy Joes

John suggested sloppy joes this past weekend. It's not something that I make very often, but for an occasional food (once, maybe twice a year...) I wanted to try a recipe using a red pepper that I had. I was glad to find one by Rachael Ray. I liked that they were on the sweet side. John liked that they were moist, but not super saucy, messy.
John's Rating: 8Recipe adapted from Rachael Ray

1 pound ground beef
3 Tbsp. brown sugar
2 teaspoons steak seasoning blend,(I used McCormick brand Montreal Seasoning)
1 medium onion, chopped
1 small red bell pepper, chopped
2 tsp. red wine vinegar
2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
2 cups tomato sauce (I blended fresh tomatoes from the garden to make 2 cups)

Rolls or Hamburger Buns

Cook Hamburger Add brown sugar and steak seasoning. When the meat has browned, add onion and red peppers to the skillet. Reduce heat to medium and cook onions, peppers, red wine vinegar and Worcestershire sauce with meat for 5 minutes. Add tomato sauce to pan. Stir to combine. Reduce heat to simmer and cook Sloppy Joe mixture until the sauce is thick.

Serve on hamburger buns or rolls.

No comments:

Post a Comment