Thursday, October 27, 2011

Pumpkin Cookies

My kids LOVE pumpkin. My mom made some pumpkin cookies and sent them home with the kids. They disappeared quickly and a few days later the kids were begging for me to make some more...so I got the recipe from my mom and whipped up a batch with some fresh pumpkin we baked.

With Cream Cheese Frosting:
With Chocolate Chips:

 Combine:
1/2 Cup butter
1 1/2 Cups Sugar
Add:
1 egg
Mix in:
1 3/4 cup pumpkin
Now add:
1/2 tsp. vanilla
2 1/2 cups flour
And then add:
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. nutmeg
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
(Chocolate Chips if you want)

Now, bake @ 350 for about 10-12 minutes. (I used my biggest scoop and cooked for 9 1/2 minutes) Let cool.

**If using Cream Cheese icing:
Combine:
1 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup butter, softened
Gradually mix in: 1 cups sifted confectioners’ sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

Blend until smooth. ( Store the cookies in the refrigerator if you used the frosting.)

No comments:

Post a Comment