Thursday, October 6, 2011

Grilled Pesto Chicken Sandwich

So I was trying to figure out what to eat on this chilly day we are having and was thinking...easy grilled cheese. Then I came up with this yummy version. It may be my new favorite sandwich!
I defrosted some grilled chicken I had in my freezer and a cube of pesto, and making this was a breeze. I was even lucky enough to have a fresh tomato from the garden :)
2 slices of bread, I used wheat
1 Tbsp. pesto
Grilled chicken
1 slice provolone mozzarella blend cheese (love this!)
1/2 tomato, sliced
butter

Spread your butter on one side of each slice of bread. Put one slice, butter side down in warm pan. Spread your pesto on the bread then top with fresh sliced tomatoes, cheese and grilled chicken. Top with other slice of bread. Toast both sides and serve warm. YUM...

No comments:

Post a Comment