Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Pesto

I finally found the recipe I want for pesto. It is delish! I grew my own basil and so I froze some of the pesto in ice cube trays. I have used that as well, and it works great...so next year I will be growing more basil :)

Sorry...I forgot to take a picture of the pesto...but I have pictures of what I made with it :) Stay tuned for tomorrow's post :) And next year I will have to take a picture of the pesto.
Link
Recipe adapted Our Family Treat

2 cups basil
1/2 triangle brick Parmesan cheese (or to your taste)
1 medium garlic clove
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1/2 cup toasted pine nuts (I toasted mine in a frying pan with a little olive oil until they were light brown)
3/4 to 1 cup of olive oil

Mix all the dry ingredients in a food processor until finely chopped. Mix in the olive oil while blending on high speed until completely Incorporated and the consistency you like.

No comments:

Post a Comment