Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Dessert Pizza

Someone John works with shared some cinnamon pizza from Papa John's and he was so excited to share it with me that we went and got one....It was good, but I thought this has got to be so simple to make myself, and before I put much thought into it, I saw it on a blog. This was a huge hit with John. I think it has more oats and flour than Papa John's or maybe less butter, but it was really good and I don't think I'll change it.
Pizza crust (I used my favorite recipe)

Crumb topping
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup quick oats
1/2 cup firm butter or margarine
1 teaspoon cinnamon

Vanilla glaze
2 cups confectioners' sugar
3 tablespoons milk
1 tablespoon melted margarine or butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Roll out pizza dough. Top with crumb topping and bake 10 to 15 minutes until crust is golden brown. Allow to cool a few minutes and drizzle with glaze. Serve warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment