Thursday, August 25, 2011

Brownies from Scratch

So I was discussing brownies with my the YW president and how to make brownies for an upcoming recognition night. I sadly did not have a recipe from scratch that I liked for making brownies, so I was planning on going with the boxed kind. Well....wouldn't you know the very next day after our conversation I stumble upon this brownie recipe. Yep...It's my recipe now for brownies. Mind you, they do not taste just like the boxed brownies....this recipe uses butter instead of oil, so they are going to taste a little different. They are fabulous. Perfect for me, now I don't need to keep a mix in the house, I'll can just opt for this recipe!

Recipe from: Chef in Training

1 cup butter
2 cups sugar
4 eggs
1-1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup cocoa
1-1/3 cups flour
1/2 tsp salt

Cream butter and sugar together.
Add eggs and blend well
Add vanilla, salt, flour, cocoa and flour. Don't overbeat.
Pour into a greased 9X13 pan.

Bake at 350 F for 25-30 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment