Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Lemon Cajun Stir Fry

This recipe sounded interesting to me so I tried it. I'm glad I did because I loved it! John said this was a great dish for peppers (he can be a little picky on dishes with peppers). I was really worried when I made the sauce. It tasted like a sweet lemon meringue pie, but don't worry....when it mixes with the cajun seasoning it really tastes great on the chicken and peppers.
John's rating: 8 (almost 9)
1 1/4 lbs chicken, cut into cubes
8 small sweet peppers, diced (yellow, red and orange mixed)
1/2 large onion, diced
2 Tbsp. peanut oil
1 1/2 Tbsp. cajun seasoning

Sauce:
1/4 cup lemon juice
3/4 cup water
1/4 cup sugar
2 Tbsp. butter
2 Tbsp. cornstarch

Cook chicken until almost done. Add chopped peppers and onion and sprinkle with cajun seasoning. Cook until chicken is done and veggies are tender.

(Meanwhile) Make sauce: Boil lemon juice, water and sugar together until sugar is dissolved. Add butter and stir until melted. Add your cornstarch (I used my VitaMix so I didn't have to worry about lumps).

Pour sauce over chicken and peppers and stir. The sauce will pick up some of the yummy cajun seasoning and be great!

Serve over warm rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment