Thursday, May 26, 2011

Cooking Beans

My aunt posted this info on how to cook dry beans for more budget friendly and healthy meals. It had never occured to me to freeze the beans after cooking them, but I have been doing it for a while and really like it! I can pull out a tiny amount from the freezer to toss in a meal without wasting or wondering what to do with the remainder of the can and it is lots cheaper to buy the dry beans and cook them myself instead of buying the cans. It does take some time, but is super easy to do :)Directions:

Rinse beans. Soak beans overnight in a large bowl with 3 inches of water over the beans.

Cook beans in boiling water for about 1 1/2 hours, until tender. Drain beans and cool. Then put the cooled beans into freezer bags and put in the freezer for future use.

No comments:

Post a Comment