Saturday, April 2, 2011

Three Layer Rice Krispy Treats

You don't need me to tell you that peanut butter and chocolate go great together, right?? So this recipe is a great combination of flavors when it comes to Rice Krispies. John really liked this version of the Rice Krispie...I may not have followed the directions...but I just dump ingredients in when I make them. So I divided my marshmallows in 3 and used my usual 1/4 cup of butter and divided that in 3. Then I made the 3 different batches using the microwave and dumped in the ingredients to my liking, but I left the measurements from Stephanie's Kitchen, b/c this was my guidelines.
John's Rating: 8
Recipe from: Stephanie's Kitchen

Bottom Layer:
2 tablespoons butter
20 large marshmallows
1/2 cup peanut butter
2 1/2 cups Rice Krispies cereal
1. In a small saucepan, melt together the butter, marshmallows and peanut butter until smooth. Pour over the rice krispies and mix until well blended. Pour into a 9 inch greased baking pan and smash down evenly. Set aside while you work on the next layer.
Middle Layer:
2 tablespoons butter
20 large marshmallows
2 1/2 cups Rice Krispies cereal
1 cup milk chocolate chips
1. In a microwave safe bowl, add the butter and marshmallows and heat for about 1 1/2 -2 minutes or until smooth. Add rice krispies and stir until well coated. Add chocolate chips and stir until well coated. Pour over the bottom layer of krispies and smash down evenly. Set aside while you work on the last layer.
Top Layer:
2 tablespoons butter
2o large marshmallows
2 1/2 cups Rice Krispies cereal
1. In a microwave safe bowl, add the butter and marshmallows and heat for about 1 1/2-2 minutes or until smooth. Add rice krispies and stir until well coated. Pour over the middle layer of krispies and smash down evenly. Let set for about an hour before cutting into squares.

2 comments:

  1. Yummy, why didn't you bring me any.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for giving me an excuse to make some more...I'd love to share some with you :)

    ReplyDelete