Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Butterfinger Cookies

My friend, Jessica got me hooked on these cookies. They are so good, esp. dipped in some chocolate :) My kids preferred them without the added chocolate (they don't know what they are missing), but they gobbled these cookies up with joy....make a batch, you'll love them!

Recipe from: Farm Girl Recipes

1/4 c. white sugar
3/4 c. brown sugar
1/2 c. butter, softened
1/4 c. peanut butter
1 egg
1 t. vanilla
1 - 3/4 c. flour
1 t. baking soda
1/4 t. salt
3 butterfingers, chopped in small pieces (I used 9 fun size)
melting chocolate ( I use Wiltons)

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Cream together butter, peanut butter and sugars. Add egg and vanilla, mixing well. In a separate bowl combine flour, baking soda, and salt with a whisk. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients. Mix in Butterfingers . Bake for 8-10 minutes. (I used my big purple scoop) Remove and let sit on cookie sheet for 2 minutes before removing to cookie rack. Cool completely.

2. Melt chocolate in microwave safe bowl in 30 second increments until chocolate is smooth, but not too hot. Dip half of the cookie in chocolate and set on wax paper until chocolate hardens. I used another fun size candy bar crunched up to sprinkle on the melted chocolate...Jessica's idea...I like the way it looks!




No comments:

Post a Comment