Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Kitchen Tools Tuesday

My Pizza Stone:
My mom gave me my first pizza stone when I was in college. I LOVE it. (Well, this is not the same one...they break if they hit the floor from the counter, so I bought a new one about 5 years ago.) I cook homemade and frozen pizzas on it. I love the crispy crust and that it cooks the pizza faster. It also keeps the pizza warm outside of the oven. I love that about stoneware.

When I use it, I always preheat my oven with the stone inside. Then when the oven is preheated, I sprinkle a little cornmeal on and toss on my pizza. This also works great for making homemade frozen pizzas...cooking the dough on the stone for 5 minutes to cook, then cooling it completely, topping the dough and freezing it. The pizza in the picture was a frozen, homemade pizza. We really like them.

1 comment:

  1. We used to have a round stoneware for pizzas and such when I was younger. But it was accidentally dropped and it broke. We never got a new one but I'm definitely getting my own one day!

    ReplyDelete