Thursday, February 17, 2011

Spinach and Beef Burgers

I was looking for some fun ways to use spinach and gave this recipe a shot. It was really good. It had a nice Italian flavor. A nice way to shake up the burger.

Recipe from: Cheese-Burger.net
  • 1 pound ground beef
  • 1 1/2 cups chopped fresh spinach (I think I could have added a little more, too)
  • 1/2 cup fine dried breadcrumbs
  • 3/4 cup finely chopped onion
  • 2 tablespoons finely chopped bell pepper (I used dried)
  • 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
  • 4 slices mozzarella cheese (I had some shredded Italian cheese blend, so I used that)

Method:

  • Pre-heat a grill. Combine the beef, spinach, breadcrumbs, onion, bell pepper and dijon mustard in a large bowl and mix well.
  • Shape the meat into 4 equal size patties and place on the grill and cook until the meat is cooked.
  • Top with a slice of mozzarella cheese for the last minute to let the cheese melt.
Here's what the patties looked like before I grilled them:

No comments:

Post a Comment