Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Pumpkin Pancakes

Pumpkin is great in the fall. It has that great fall flavor, but I cook with it year round. My kids love pumpkin and its an easy way to get some veggie in to their diets, so I cook with it when I can. I liked that this recipe used a whole cup of pumpkin. The kids loved them and gobbled them all up (in 3 days...it made a lot). I sprinkled some mini choc. chips in some of the pancakes, which they loved of course.
Recipe from: Flexible Dreams


2 cups milk 1 cup pumpkin puree
1 egg 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 tablespoons vinegar 2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup brown sugar 2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1 teaspoon cinnamon 1/2 teaspoon cloves
1/2 teaspoon salt Powdered Sugar and Maple Syrup


Directions
Mix all wet ingredients together in a bowl holding back 1/3 cup of milk. Mix dry ingredients in a separate bowl. Depending on the weather, your altitude, the type of flour you're using and your mood that morning your batter may need the extra 1/3 cup milk. My batter is always really thick and always needs the full two cups.

Stir dry ingredients into wet just until combined. Add extra milk if your batter is super thick.

Heat a frying pan or griddle on medium high heat (350 degrees) and spray with non-stick spray.

Pour the batter onto the griddle making each pancake approximately 4" in diameter. You really can make them any size you want, but I make mine about 4" and that's how I ended up with 32 from this recipe.

Brown on both sides and serve hot with syrup, powdered sugar, or both!

No comments:

Post a Comment