Friday, February 4, 2011

Oreo Truffle Cupcakes

As if an oreo truffle was not in itself a fantastic treat, try it in a cupcake. An oreo cupcake. I saw this recipe and knew I had to try it. I made some changes to the recipe, but loved the idea. It was good...like an oreo cupcake should be. Make sure you deliver extras so you are not tempted to eat them all! I made sure to share them :)
p.s. Pat...if you had not taken a sick day, you would have had one of these sweet concoctions. :)

Recipe adapted from: Inside BruCrew Life

Put 1/2 package of oreos and 4 oz. of softened cream cheese in mixer and blend together until fully mixed and cookies are smooth.
Roll into 1 inch balls.
Place in the freezer.

Preheat oven to 350*
Place24 liners in pans.
Put 1/2 of an oreo in the bottom of each liner. See what it will look like:
Mix up a vanilla cake mix per the directions on the box. Fold in 1/3 cup (or so) of crushed oreos.
Divide batter into cupcake liners.
Push an oreo truffle into the batter.

Bake cupcakes until done (see box for times)
Cool.

Frosting:
1/4 cup shortening
2 Tbsp. milk
2 cups powdered sugar

Mix until smooth. Spread on cupcakes. Sprinkle cupcakes with some crushed oreo if desired.

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe you're taunting me right on your website!! And I'LL NEVER EVER be sick again!!

    ReplyDelete