Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Neapolitan Chocolates

John really liked these chocolates! My boys did, too. For some reason my pink and white layers did not set up firm, but the dark chocolate layer did. I'm not sure why, so instead of being able to cut them into squares and having really cute layered neapolitan inside, I used my cookie scoop to scoop the layers out, freeze them and try to mold them into balls to dip. Hopefully the next time I make these, I will get it right! But the flavor was great and made for a nice treat for our Valentine's Day. why..
1/2 lb pink melty chips (I just used white and added chocolate coloring)
1/2 lb white melty chips
1/2 lb chocolate melty chips (I like the dark)

3/4 cup evaporated milk, divided
1 1/2 cups miniature marshmallows, divided
1/2 tsp. raspberry extract (or your choice)

Butter and 8 in square pan; set aside. Place melty chips in 3 separate bowls. Combine 1/4 cup evaporated milk and 1/2 cup marshmallows in each bowl.

Start with the pink layer....melt the melty chips carefully by stovetop or microwave. Stir until smooth. Stir in extract. Immediately pour into 8 inch pan.

Melt white melty chips, milk, and marshmallows. Stir until smooth and pour over the pink layer.

Now do the same with the dark chocolates. Let sit in fridge overnight.

Cut up and dip in melted chocolate.

Store in refrigerator.

No comments:

Post a Comment