Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Kitchen Tools Tuesday


Now the other appliance that has a permanent place on my counter is my VitaMix. I bought it at Costco almost 3 years ago (I bought the 5000 model). It was a big purchase money was tighter back then and a 400 dollar blender was crazy, but I had wanted it for years and my husband always supported buying one, but I just have a hard time spending a lot on things sometimes.

Well one day I'm walking through Costco and they're doing a VitaMix demo and they chop a batch of Salsa while I walk by. Super fast...and it looks great. I had just spent the previous day chopping and chopping to can my homemade salsa...so I asked for one then and there and have never regretted buying it.

It makes recipes simpler. I grind my wheat with it. I make my own baby food. I use it for my canning. I can make sauces and soups in minutes. It makes great Smoothies and thick milkshakes (I think this is John's favorite use for it) I even make my own powdered sugar with it. I use it Tons!!

I may or may not have talked several other people into buying one just because I love it so much :)

No comments:

Post a Comment