Thursday, January 6, 2011

Peanut Butter Popcorn

I've had visions of Peanut Butter popcorn lately, but didn't have a good recipe. Finally I went searching and finally combined all of those ideas to make my own recipe. I decided chocolate drizzled on top would be great, but it isn't needed. My 2 year old was gobbling it up before I could get it in the oven...it was good, but messy.
3/4 cup unpopped popcorn kernels
1 cup corn syrup
1 cup sugar
1 cup peanut butter
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp baking soda

Pop popcorn, shake out the small kernels using a grid cooling rack...set aside.

In small pan mix together corn syrup and sugar. Bring to a boil. Remove from heat. Stir in baking soda and vanilla. Then quickly add the peanut butter and stir until smooth.

Line a jelly roll pan with foil and spray with non-stick spray. Pour popcorn onto foil. Place in oven and bake for 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.

If desired: Melt dark chocolate and drizzle over popcorn mixture. When chocolate is set and popcorn is cool, break into chunks. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment