Saturday, January 22, 2011

Healthier Alfredo Sauce

This recipe caught my eye because it had cauliflower hidden in it. It turned out great!! I liked that it is lower fat than most alfredo sauces I've done. Recipe from: In the Kitchen the Costco Way, recipe developed by Jessica Seinfeld.

12 oz pkg pasta-I used bow ties
2 Tbsp. butter
2 cloves garlic
2 Tbsp. wheat flour
1 cup milk (I used 1%)
1 cup mozzarella cheese or sharp white cheddar*
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese*
1/2 cup cauliflower puree (I used a quarter head of cauliflower)
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp. pepper

*I used 1 1/4 cup of Italian blend cheese for the cheese this time.
Cook cauliflower until tender. Drain and put in VitaMix. Start cooking pasta. Melt butter and saute garlic for 1-2 minutes. Add cooked garlic to the VitaMix and remaining ingredients. Turn on the highest speed and bring to a boil. Let run a little longer. Then serve over pasta.

2 comments:

  1. My husband makes an Alfredo sauce with cauliflower, too! He hasn't made it at home for us to try yet (he's a firefighter & cooks for the station crew) but he's said it's really good & that you can't even tell it's healthy! LOL I think he uses a recipe from one of the Food Network ladies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I liked that you couldn't taste the cauliflower, and feel good about it being in there.

    ReplyDelete