Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Chicken Fajita Crescent Braid

Sometimes when I do my couponing, I get Pillsbury Crescent rolls for really cheap and can use them to do some quick meals when I need them. I needed a quick meal and found I had all of the ingredients to make this one with minimal effort (at least I didn't think it was too much work) The flavor was great. Serve this up with a big green salad. Yum. Sorry this is a poor picture:

John's Rating: 8 ("almost 9")

Recipe from: food.com

1
(8 ounce)
can Pillsbury Crescent Recipe Creations refrigerated flaky dough sheet
2 small boneless chicken breasts, cut into small strips
1
teaspoon chili powder
1/4 tsp salt
2 cloves garlic
1 small onion, finely chopped
1/2 green pepper, chopped (I used dried)
1/4 cup salsa (I used my canned salsa and I think I used more than the 1/4 cup)
2 cups monterey jack cheese
1 Heat oven to 375°F. Spray cookie sheet. Unroll dough onto cookie sheet (I used my pampered chef bar pan); press to 8x12 inches.

In 10-inch skillet, add chicken; stir in chili powder, salt and garlic; cook 3 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned. Add onion and bell pepper strips; cook 2 to 3 minutes longer or until chicken is no longer pink in center and vegetables are crisp-tender.

Spoon chicken mixture in 4-inch strip lengthwise down center of dough. Top with salsa; sprinkle with cheese. With scissors or sharp knife, make cuts 1 inch apart on long sides of dough within 1/2 inch of filling. Alternately cross strips over filling; press edges to seal.

*Can brush top with
Brush with egg white. (I did not)

No comments:

Post a Comment