Sunday, October 10, 2010

Pumpkin Spice Truffles

I can bribe my boys to do anything for these...they LOVED them! John said he didn't care for them, but he's pretty picky when it comes to pumpkin....but this recipe made a ton...so I shared and shared with people and bribed my boys several times, too :)


Recipe from: Bake at 350

1 box French Vanilla cake mix (I used a yellow cake mix)
1 cup canned pumpkin
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
3/4 cup water
1/3 cup vegetable oil
4 large eggs
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
cream cheese frosting:
1 box cream cheese (8 oz)
1/2 cup butter
3 cups pwd. sugar
1 tsp vanilla
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
dark chocolate candy melts or almond bark

Beat everything together (ending with the eggs) according to the package instructions and bake in a 13 X 9" pan. Make sure the cake is completely baked (no gooey middle) before removing from the oven. Let cool completely on a wire rack.

Make cream cheese frosting in kitchen aid. Crumble the cake apart into bowl with cream cheese frosting. Mix until it is well incorporated. Roll into balls of about a 2 bite size. This should make about 50 (I used my bitty scoop and I know I got more than 50...it made a lot!!). Place on cookie sheets lined with wax paper and freeze 1-2 hours.

When ready to dip, melt the candy melt a 1/2 bag at a time following the directions on the package. (I used the microwave method) Roll with a spoon and place on another waxed paper lined sheet. Scatter on sprinkles if using while the chocolate is still wet.

No comments:

Post a Comment