Sunday, October 3, 2010

Potato Cinnamon Rolls

These were super yummy and very moist!
Recipe from: food.com


3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup hot mashed potatoes
1 1/2 cups water (110 to 115 degrees)
1 Tbsp yeast
1/2 cup butter, softened
2 eggs
2 teaspoons salt
6 1/2 cups all-purpose flour

FILLING
2 Tbsp. butter, softened
1 1/3 cups packed brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon

Make dough in mixer. Cover and let rise in a warm place for one hour. Combine filling ingredients and set aside. Divide dough in half (I have a huge board I use for making bread, so I just rolled mine as big as the board instead of dividing the dough) On a floured surface, roll each portion to 9 by 12 inch. Divide filling and spread over each square to within 1 inch of the edges. Roll up jelly-roll style. Place on greased baking pans. (I used my pampered chef bar pan and an 8x8 pan) Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.

Bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes or until golden. Top with some cream cheese frosting.

8 oz. cream cheese
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 tsp. vanilla
3 cups powdered sugar
2-3 tsps. milk (I left out the milk)

No comments:

Post a Comment