Monday, October 18, 2010

Chocolate Witches Hats

This recipe wouln't have to be for Halloween time, but that is why I made them. I skipped rolling the balls of dough in sugar and thought they looked fine, but I think I should have shortened the cooking time if I'd wanted softer cookies. They weren't overcooked, but they were a crunchy cookie. Maybe that is how the recipe was supposed to be, though. My family really liked them, esp. warm out of the oven when the kiss was all melty.
Recipe from: Food Network

1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup Nutella
1/2 cup butter, softened (1 stick)
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 (9-ounce) package of chocolate candy kisses, unwrapped (recommended: Hershey's) I used 60

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
In mixer bowl, place the chocolate hazelnut spread, butter, and both sugars. Add the
egg and vanilla and blend until incorporated. Stir in the dry ingredients, just until incorporated.
Shape the cookie dough into walnut-sized balls (I used my smallest cookie scoop). Roll the balls in sugar, pressing to adhere (yeah, I skipped adding the extra sugar this time). Place the cookies on a heavy cookie sheet about 4 inches apart. Bake for 8 minutes. Remove the cookies from the oven. Quickly place a chocolate kiss in the middle of each cookie. Return the cookies to the oven and bake for another 3 minutes. Cool the cookies on a wire rack.

No comments:

Post a Comment