Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Wheat Zucchini Herb (Yeast) Bread

I was really impressed with the flavor of this bread. I made it into sandwiches for lunch. It was incredibly moist. In fact, when I made the dough I wondered if it was too sticky, but it was still easy to work with, so I left it and it worked perfectly. I will be making this again!
John's Rating: 8
Recipe from: foods.com

3/4 cup warm water
1 tablespoon honey
1 1/2 tablespoons oil
1 cup zucchini, shredded
1 cup whole wheat flour
2 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons dry yeast


Mix yeast, honey and yeast. Let sit for a minute and then add the remaining ingredients in mixer. Knead (I let the mixer do the work for me)


Cover and let rise until doubled. Roll into a loaf. Cover and let rise until doubled again. Bake at 350 until done.

No comments:

Post a Comment