Monday, June 28, 2010

Garlic Green Beans

I was a little worried about the amount of garlic in this recipe...a whole head? I only had 3/4 of one, but I chopped and put it all in. They were really good! (And I'm always looking for a way to get John to eat green beans)
John's Rating: 8

Recipe from: Recipezaar
1 tablespoon butter
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 head garlic, peeled and sliced
2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans green beans, drained (I used Frozen green beans)
salt and pepper, to taste
1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated

Directions
1Melt butter in a large skillet, and stir in olive oil and garlic.
2Sauté over low heat until the garlic is slightly brown.
3Stir in the green beans, and season with salt and pepper.
4Cook until beans are thoroughly heated, about 10 minutes.
5Turn off heat and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment