Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Swedish Pancakes

You know how I love trying new things by now, right? So we tried "Swedish" pancakes from Kara's Kitchen Creations. Actually it's like a lazy crepe, but the family liked them. My parents were here when I made them and they thought they looked like failed pancakes...I'd totally agree with that :), they are really flat. I think I'm going to make these during strawberry season so I can top them with tons of fresh stawberries and some whipped cream.

John's Rating: 7-8

5 eggs

2 Tbsp. sugar

1/2 tsp salt

2-2 1/2 cups milk

2 cups flour

3 Tbsp melted butter*


Beat eggs in blender. Add sugar, salt, and milk. Slowly add flour, then melted butter. Beat till smooth. (It should be the consistency of thick cream.) Cook just like regular pancakes-I use a non-stick electric skillet. Serve with your choice of topping. We love buttermilk syrup, so I am including the recipe. They are also wonderful with yogurt and fruit, or whipped cream and fruit.

1 comment:

  1. Nice looking pancakes. Here is my recipe try it out: http://delishhh.com/?p=438

    ReplyDelete