Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Rainbow Jello

Just in time for St. Patty's Day! I got this recipe from a ward cookbook. (Don't you love the mini trifle bowls!?! My sister gave me a set of them for Christmas one year...I LOVE them!) 7 small boxes of jellow: rainbow colors
Sour cream
Cool whip

Mix one package of Jello and 1 cup boiling water. Dissolve. Take 1/4 cup of jello and put in a bowl. Add that to 1 Tbsp. sour cream and 2 Tbsp. cool whip. Stir until smooth. Pour into dish(es) and refrigerate It sets in about 20 minutes. Now, pour the remaining Jello over the first layer. Set.

Repeat with each color.

**Make sure layers are cool enough to pour so you don't melt the underlayer!

**Pour new jello in at the edge of the container.

**I found that making the next batch of jello right after the other one went in the fridge and letting it cool at room temp sped up the process and kept the temptation of pouring too hot of jello on the previous layer.

No comments:

Post a Comment