Sunday, February 7, 2010

So we had a cajun night for our last group recipe exchange and for the first time, I made some cajun food...Wow! were we impressed. I found this recipe on recipezaar. It was great! I loved how fast it was to make while having a superb flavor!
John's Rating: 9
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
8 ounces pasta, cooked al dente (I used penne)
2 teaspoons cajun seasoning
2 tablespoons butter
1/2 tsp. dried onion
2 cup heavy whipping cream
2 tablespoons chopped sun-dried tomatoes
1/4 teaspoon dried basil
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese (fresh, not the powder)

Directions
Melt butter in frying pan over med. heat. Place chicken in pan and sprinkle the Cajun seasoning over and stir well to coat. Sauté chicken in butter or margarine until chicken is tender, about 5 to 7 minutes.In a seperate saucepan mix onion, heavy cream, tomatoes, basil, garlic powder, black pepper, parmesan cheese and heat through. (I blended mine so that the tomaotoes were very small pieces)Pour over hot noodles and serve with chicken on top and a little more grated Parmesan cheese if desired.

1 comment:

  1. Hello-
    Last night I posted this recipe on my blog. I hope that is okay with you. :) Our family really enjoyed it, although I switched it up just a tiny bit.
    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete