Friday, February 26, 2010

Crispy Southwest Chicken Wraps

These were easy to make...I eyeballed the measurements and ended up filling 9 tortillas, so I grilled a few for each meal and had a few days worth, but John didn't complain and it made for some easy meals for me :) We really enjoyed the great Mexican flavor of this dish!
I got this recipe from Recipe for Disaster. Here's how I made it:
John's Rating: Strong 9!

1 cup cooked rice, warm or at room temperature
1 cup cooked and shredded chicken (This time I used 1 can of chicken from Costco)
1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 medium onion, finely sliced 1
1/2 red or green pepper, diced (I used red)
1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
Juice of 1 lime
1/2 Tbs. chili powder
1 tsp. ground cumin
1/2 tsp. garlic salt
2 cups shredded cheese (I used Monterey Jack this time)
sour cream
6 burrito sized flour tortillas (I used 9)

Mix rice together with chili powder, cumin and garlic salt. Add remaining ingredients except for the cheese and sour cream. In each tortilla: Spread 1-2 Tbs. of sour cream down the middle of the tortillas then add fill with chicken filling and top with cheese. Roll up the stuffed tortillas. Heat a small amount of oil in a frying pan. Lightly turn the tortillas in the oil to give them a light coating and then grill them until the sides are golden brown, about 2-3 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate and repeat with remaining wraps. Serve topped with sour cream, salsa or whatever sounds delish. I also served mine on a small bed of lettuce.

No comments:

Post a Comment