Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Yum Yums

This reminds me of my Grandma who made tons of chocolates. This is probably the simplest one. She rolled hers in chopped nuts or finely shredded coconut. I rolled mine in crushed oreos (we don't care for nuts much and John doesn't like coconut). These were a great treat for me over the Christmas season!3 lg Hershey Chocolate Bars (24 oz of chocolate total)
Melt chocolate bars in a double boiler (just melt don't get too hot)Fold melted chocolate into 13 oz carton of cool whip thawed. As mixture thickens roll into balls and then roll balls in crushed vanilla wafers or crushed nuts or coconut.

The following was hand written on the back of Grandma's recipe card:
Chocolate bar 5 oz cool whip
2 Chocolate bars 9 oz cool whip
3 Chocolate bars 13 oz cool whip

**I only used one chocolate bar to one tub of cool whip. It was a lighter chocolate flavor, but worked great for me since I rolled them in oreos!

No comments:

Post a Comment