Saturday, January 2, 2010

Barkies

After one of my friends dropped off some sweet Christmas goodies, my husband could not seem to stop raving about these....I was so glad she posted them on her blog and I whipped up a batch Christmas Eve (while John was out doing his Christmas shopping) and put them all in a large ziplock, then gift bagged for John...he was pleased Christmas morning :) (Thanks Julie!!)
1 c. sugar
1 c. karo syrup
2 c. crunchy peanut butter
6 c. Rice Krispies
White Chocolate

In a medium saucepan, over medium heat, mix sugar and karo syrup. Stirring constantly, bring to a boil. Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter until smooth. Put rice krispies in large bowl and pour peanut butter mixture over it. Stir to coat well. Using small scoop (or roll into 1 inch balls, be careful it will be hot) place on wax paper. Let cool.

Melt white chocolate. Stir until smooth. After balls are cool, dip bottom into chocolate and set back down on wax paper. Let cool. Store in tightly covered container.
*I had a little chocolate left and drizzled it over the top of these....I really liked how it made them look!

No comments:

Post a Comment