Monday, December 14, 2009

Egg Nog French Toast

As soon as I saw this recipe on RealMomKitchen, I added egg nog and texas toast to my shopping list.....oh! This was SO good! A perfect holiday treat. I served it complete with the syrup, which John really liked! Even my 2 picky little eaters ate it (with the eggnog syrup!)
John's Rating: 9 4 large eggs
1 cup store-bought egg nog
1 Tbsp vanilla extract
½ tsp pumpkin pie spice
12 slices bread (I used 14 slices)

1. Whisk together eggs, eggnog, vanilla and spices.
2. Preheat griddle. Dip bread in egg mixture, allowing it to soak in slightly. Butter the hot griddle and place soaked bread on griddle. Cook on each side until golden brown. Serve with eggnog syrup.

Eggnog Syrup (I halved the amounts for the syrup)
½ Cup Butter
1 Cup Sugar
¾ Cup store-bought eggnog

Melt butter in a medium sized sauce pan over medium-low heat.
Mix in sugar until well combined, then mix in the eggnog and bring heat up to medium-high heat.
Wisk continually until mixture comes to a full boil, remove from heat.
Serve warm over french toast and ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment