Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Zucchini Soup

When I found this recipe...I thought Hmmm...sounds interesting I could try that. When I tried it...WOW! Can't believe how good this is...and John loved it! He is convinced that we need to grow more zucchini now! But most impressively...Nathan (my 2 1/2 year old) gobbled it down and asked for seconds! It is a bright green and almost reminded me of looking at split pea soup, but the flavor...Mmmm. This is a fantastic soup that has me considering freezing some zucchini.

John's Rating: "a strong 9"


What I did:


1 cup chopped onions
3 cups sliced zucchini


Boil in:
2 cups chicken broth


Cook until tender...DO NOT DRAIN. Pour into VitaMix (or blender) and add:

1 Tbsp. butter
1/4 t. salt
1/8 t. white pepper
½ cup milk


Blend until smooth and serve.


You can serve with: (which would be good, but we found they were not needed, it's so good!)
Grated cheddar cheese
Sour cream
4 slices bacon, cooked until crisp, then crumbled

No comments:

Post a Comment