Thursday, May 7, 2009

Egg Noodles with Pea Flour

I was wondering what I could make with some pea flour I made. This was the recipe I tried it in, and it was great. I topped the noodles with alfredo sauce, but they would be really good in a chicken noodle soup.
John's Rating: 9

1 1/4 cups flour
3/4 cup pea flour (dry split peas ground into flour)
1 tsp. salt
1 egg
3 egg yolks
1/4 to 1/2 cup water

In KitchenAid put flour and salt, make a well and add eggs. Mix together. Slowly add water a little at a time until a ball forms. Do not add too much water! Knead dough. Let it sit for 10 minutes. Divide dough into 4. Roll dough really thin (I used more flour to keep it from sticking and rolled it with my plastic pie crust maker) and cut into thin strips, no larger than 1/4 inch wide.

Do not pile the noodles very thick...they will mold back together.

Heat water to a boil and cook in salt water or broth for 10 minutes or so.

You can also lay out the noodles and let them dry. The original recipe said to let them dry 2 hours before using, I didn't have time today, but maybe that would make them better....I'll have to update if I ever plan this far in advance.

I also read somewhere the dough could be frozen for up to a month.

No comments:

Post a Comment