Thursday, May 14, 2009

Crock Pot Enchilada Chowder

Found a recipe for this on recipezaar...I adapted it a little:
It made a lot and was rich with the cheese, but it was good served up with some warm chips.
John's Rating: 9

Mix in crock pot:

1 pint crushed tomatoes (I used a potato masher to make them a little finer)
1 can black beans, drained
1 cup browned hamburger with onion
1 bag frozen corn (I used white)
1-2 Tbsp dried green peppers


In seperate bowl, whisk together:
1 pint enchilada sauce
1 can cream of chicken soup
2 cups milk (I used 1 pint water, 6 Tbsp. pwd milk)

Cook on low in crock pot 6-8 hours.

Stir in cheese.
1 cup shredded cheddar
1 cup shredded mont. jack
(I used Mixican Velveeta because that is what I had)


Top with crushed chips and sour cream, if desired.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the recipe this is a great tasting soup!

    ReplyDelete