Sunday, April 26, 2009

Our Favorite Dinner Rolls

This recipe comes from my Betty Crocker Cookbook...I love this cookbook, it has fantastic detailed directions and illustrations so if I haven't made it before, I'm guided right through! I won't type all of the directions, but here's the recipe:

I fill a jelly roll pan with 24 rolls with this recipe.

7 to 7 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter or margarine
2 tsp. salt
4 1/2 tsp. yeast
1 cup very warm water
1 cup very warm milk (I have used pwd. milk, too)
2 eggs (once I used one egg and they still worked!)

Mix 4 cups of flour in kitchen aid, add the rest of the ingredients in the order listed. Add remaining flour until it pulls away from sides of bowls.
Let rise in warm place 1 hour or until double. Cut and roll dough into 24 balls. Place on greased jelly roll pan. Let rise 30 minutes or until double. Heat oven to 375 and bake 12 to 15 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment